2017 June/July Pre-Orders
2017 September Pre-Orders
2017 November Pre-Orders
2017 December Pre-Orders
2018 January Pre-Orders
2018 March Pre-Orders
2018 Final Public Release
- 27/MARCH/2018 – We have fixed an issue with our payment gateway where if the country “Republic of Ireland” was used, payment would fail when using a Credit/Debit Card.
- 26/MARCH/2018 – Pre-orders for March are open. More information why here.
- 25/MARCH/2018 – Systems Manual updated to R3.0 (addresses some issues such as incorrect grammar).
- 18/MARCH/2018 – Systems Manual updated to R2.9. The PDF now explains how to use wallpapers/background images in the Menu System.
- 08/MARCH/2018 – Switch Board Kits are back in stock.
- 01/MARCH/2018 – New ARM Firmware (V2.5.1), FPGA Firmware (STY1 25/2/2018) and Menu System (V2.6.0). Information about these updates can be read here.
- As for the pre-order shipments, we are currently waiting on our circuit boards to arrive from overseas.
- 17/FEBRUARY/2018 – New Systems Console (V2.3) available. This update adds LibCrypt patch support. More information available here.
- 12/FEBRUARY/2018 – Finally, we are pleased to release the new Menu System (V2.5.0) and ARM Firmware (V2.5.0) for all PSIO cartridges. This update adds some seriously cool stuff, with the most important being 256 GB+ SD Card support! More information available here.
- 02/FEBRUARY/2018 – Time for a small update as per what’s been happening in regards to the pre-orders. Currently, we are waiting for our Parallel Port’s that we had injection moulded to arrive at our PCB assemblers factory. Once they have arrived, we will begin production of the PCB’s. When the PCB’s are done and we have them in our hands, we will then place them into the new plastic cases, snap them together, pop on some labels, flash the firmwares, test each and every cartridge, package them up and finally ship them off! So to recap, everything is ready to go, but we are just waiting on the PCB’s to arrive.
- 19/JANUARY/2018 – Happy New Year everyone! We’d like to give a new update from our latest forum post here and here. We also have pre-orders open on ‘Round 5’ which was done to further fund the assembly process. No password is required this time, so be sure to get in quick while pre-order stocks last!
- 18/DECEMBER/2017 – Pre-Orders opened on ‘Round 4’ to notification list customers only. This has been done to assist with funding the final stage of the Parallel Port Injection Moulding process.
- 05/DECEMBER/2017 – New parallel port samples on the way. We also have an Agilent 1683A Logic Analyser on the way which will be used to help debug PSIO in relation to exFAT support.
- 02/DECEMBER/2017 – PHP updated to V5.5.19 and Transport Layer Security updated to V1.2 on the server.
- We have been working very hard on multiple areas of development for PSIO. This includes focusing on the pre-order manufacturing, but we have also been working hard on getting 256 GB (and up) SD Card support working via the exFAT filesystem. The new firmwares we have been working on will also include integrated Fastboot support (so “FBOOT.BIN” is no longer required on the SD Card anymore), as well as a new ‘Search’ function for the ‘Menu System’. A new bootloader called the ‘System Loader’ will now also trigger when PSIO is powered up with no SD Card inserted. This ‘System Loader’ routine was implemented so that it doesn’t seem like PSIO isn’t working when an SD Card isn’t present or detected. We also have a small update coming for the ‘Systems Console’ program which provides the ability to patch LibCrypt games from PPF patches. Lastly, the ability to load backgrounds/wallpapers has been implemented so you will be able to have the ability to give the ‘Menu System’ a new splash of style and colour. We plan to have this update released in late December or early January after we have shipped the first wave of pre-orders which our extremely patient customers have been waiting for. We can’t thank you enough for your patience and support, and to show our appreciation, we have a new box design in the works which will be revealed in a few days time.
- 22/NOVEMBER/2017 – The final and complete lot of plastic cases have arrived, and the samples of the parallel ports have arrived! The parallel ports need a little adjustment done to the pins to make the connection a little ‘tighter’, and so we have begun the process or fixing this issue. The timeframe has been extended by approximately 2 weeks now, but it has to be done to ensure that PSIO has a solid connection to the PlayStation console. Pictures available here.
- 20/OCTOBER/2017 – The parallel port injection moulding cast has been completed, and the first test samples will be completed on the 25th of October. Pictures as well as more detailed information here.
- 27/SEPTEMBER/2017 – The case injection moulding samples have arrived! A few tweaks are required (nothing major), but apart from that, it’s perfect and ready to go. We are just now waiting on the parallel ports since it’s the final step holding us back at the moment. We are working hard and the first wave of pre-orders from June will be shipped soon. We would like to thank you so much for your patience. It is immensely appreciated. Pictures as well as more detailed information here.
- 19/SEPTEMBER/2017 – A second run of email notifications has been rolled out for more pre-ordering. This is to help us acquire funding to proceed with the PSIO ‘Parallel Port’ manufacturing. If you did not receive an email yet, do not worry. We will send more emails to the customers waiting on our email list once we are ready to do so.
- 13/SEPTEMBER/2017 – Systems Console updated to V2.2. More information here.
- The injection moulding cast for the PSIO case has been completed, and we assume to receive the samples for testing in a week or two. Images here.
- 26/AUGUST/2017 – Injection Moulding DFM approved and completed. Everything for the pre-orders is going according to schedule. More updates along the way!
- 14/AUGUST/2017 – New Systems Manual (R2.8) released. More information available here.
- 06/AUGUST/2017 – New ARM (V2.4.8) and Menu System (V2.4.15) Firmwares available. More information available here.
- 04/AUGUST/2017 – Injection Moulding DFM started on PSIO. Switch Board Kits are now back in stock, and their ‘Serial Numbers’ have been phased out.
- 16/JULY/2017 – New ARM (V2.4.7) and Menu System (V2.3.2) Firmwares available. More information available here.
- 14/JULY/2017 – New ARM (V2.4.6), Menu System (V2.3.1) and FPGA Firmwares available. More information available here.
- 16/JUNE/2017 – We have begun rolling out pre-orders, but only to the selected few users that have been waiting longest in our subscription list. Don’t worry if you miss out however, this is just a first time production run, and we will have plenty of cartridges available afterwards once we have finalised everything from our first pre-order run.