This information was last updated and is correct as of 26/FEBRUARY/2021.
The Terms and Conditions are subjected to change at any given time.
- If PSIO cartridges are out of stock, they will be offered/available for purchase on backorder.
- Backorders are based on a queue system. People who ordered first get their cartridge(s) first, whilst people who ordered last get their PSIO cartridge(s) last.
- You understand that the time-frame to manufacture/assemble your cartridge may take up to 3 months if it is on backorder.
- You understand that delays may happen or occur during a backorder which may extend the time-frame of delivery greater than 3 months.
- Shipping processing times are not included in this estimated time frame.
- Refunds for orders are allowed, but only if we have not yet started assembling or have shipped your item(s).
Shipping and Handling
- International ‘PSIO cartridges’ sent by Cybdyn Systems are handled by DHL.
- All Australian ‘PSIO cartridges’ and items sent by Cybdyn Systems are handled by Australia Post.
- All items shipped are tracked (where geographically possible).
- PSIO Cartridges are declared at a fixed value of $70 AUD. This covers us in the case that the cartridge is either lost or damaged during transit. We can not lower this amount as we can be charged or faced with tax evasion.
- If items are claimed to not have arrived or have been potentially stolen, this is not our responsibility and must be dealt with your postal service.
- All items are packed in solid boxes with adequate use of bubble wrap and/or protective padding.
- International orders may take up to 37 days to arrive (Russia taking the longest).
- If we receive your cartridge back because it could not be delivered or if it was unclaimed, we will only re-send it once we receive it back. We will not send replacement units during this time. You will then be required to re-pay for shipping of the returned item.
- Australian orders will generally take less than 14 days.
- You are responsible for any import taxes or duties.
- We will not combine items to avoid import taxation costs.
- Our return address is secured well to each package of which we send.
- If you decide to subscribe for product updates, you will be added to our mailing list.
- Once we have emailed you, your email is not removed from our mailing list and you will need to manually remove yourself.
- On a yearly basis, all the email subscriptions are deleted.
- Depending on our mail server, some emails may bounce, but it is not our responsibility since usually the problem is either that the email address you entered is incorrect or there is a problem with finding valid MX records for your email domain.
- You may unsubscribe from subscriptions at any time by logging into your account (by going to ‘My Account’ from the ‘Support’ menu) and clicking ‘Remove’ at the bottom of the page under ‘Manage Email Subscriptions’ on the selected product.
Non-Genuine Product Returns
- If we receive a non-genuine cartridge in the mail (EG: to have it repaired, etc), we will destroy it. A refund or compensation will not be credited to you.
Firmwares and or File Downloads
- All firmwares are traceable. Do not ever share your firmware download with other people.
- We reserve the right to decline you access to our firmwares and/or other downloads for whatever reason we see fit.
- If you have purchased a genuine second hand cartridge but do not know the credentials to login and download updates, you may purchase a new license.
- Cybdyn Systems warrants its products to be free from defects in materials and workmanship. In addition to the obligations covered by our product warranty, the consumer has the following rights as stipulated by the Australian Consumer Law.
- The warranty period for PSIO Cartridges is 1 year from the date of shipment.
- The benefits to the consumer given by the warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies of the consumer under a law in relation to the goods or services to which the warranty relates.
- Our goods come with guarantees than cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure of our products. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- If your cartridge is found to be faulty on arrival (DOA), you may send your cartridge back for a replacement or refund.
- We will only issue a replacement or refund for your cartridge so long as we receive your cartridge back first, any warranty labels are intact and are not voided and the quality of the product is in the same condition as shipped from our factory.
- The intactness of the item does not include the Switch Board kit or Quick Start Guide. Only the cardboard PSIO box, the plastic ‘PET’ insert and the PSIO Cartridge itself are required to be intact.
Returns and Refunds
- We will not issue a refund for damaged, destroyed or miss cared for cartridge. This includes scratches, liquid damage, destroyed SD Card slots, USB ports, Parallel Ports and/or LED’s. We will however, look into repairing any damage for you at an additional cost if you have requested us to do so.
- We will not reimburse you for the shipping costs you had to pay to send your unit back to us.
- We use Serial Numbers to check and verify purchases to ensure the warranty still exists with the customer that purchased the original product.
- If your cartridge is confirmed to be faulty, we will pay the shipping costs to send back your replacement cartridge. Otherwise, you will need to pay the shipping to have your cartridge returned back to you.
- We will not re-send or replace items lost or stolen in the mail.
- We will not re-send or replace items that have been flagged as delivered but you state that you never received it.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the address we have used in our database is correct. We will not replace or refund items sent to the wrong address.
- We will not reimburse funds for items lost or stolen in the mail.
- You understand that your refunded amount may be either higher or lower than your initial payment amount because of the exchange rate differences from your initial payment. We will not reimburse the losses that may occur from this matter.
- If your warranty label is found to be void, you will be required to pay the shipping costs and/or repair fees for us to return back your faulty/damaged cartridge (should you still decide you even want your cartridge back).
- A chargeback (being a challenge to a payment that a buyer files directly with their credit card issuer) and a reversal instruction is made by the payment product issuer or third parties (such as payment processors) and not by us. We are bound to follow their instructions so long as we have received all the stated items back as per our refund policy guidelines.
- If a chargeback is issued by you (the customer) and we allow the chargeback to be processed, we not allow you to purchase from our website again unless a fee of $35.00 AUD is paid to cover the damages done from your initial chargeback.
- You acknowledge and agree that we will be entitled to recover chargebacks and reversals that may be imposed on us by a payment product issuer or third parties (such as payment processors).
- You agree that we may reverse any such payments made to you, which are subject to chargeback or reversal instruction via your payment product issuer or third parties (such as payment processors).
- We reserve the right to lock your PSIO Cartridge from downloads rendering it obsolete if we detect that “chargeback fraud” is being undertaken on our company.
- We reserve the right to cease and/or hold any shipments until any chargeback fees are paid in full should you decide to order from us again. If any chargeback fees are refused to be paid in full, a refund for your order will be processed.
- You are responsible for paying any taxes, including any goods and services or value added taxes which may be applicable depending on the jurisdiction of the services provided. These taxes will be added to the fee billed to you upon checkout (if applicable).
- As we are a company incorporated in Australia, all fees earned by us from Australian Users will be subject to a 10% Goods and Services Tax (GST) on all fees which will be shown separately on all invoices.
- If you ask us to generate a fake invoice with a different amount as per what you paid, we will not do it as this is classified as tax evasion.
Currencies and Payment/Transaction Handling
- All items are strictly Australian Dollars (AUD) only.
- Do not send us cash (physical money) or cheques by post.
- Currency fluctuations and/or exchange rates will not be compensated.
- All Credit Card payments are handled by “SqID Payments Pty Ltd”.
- You understand that your Credit Card payment(s) is/are processed by “SqID Payments Pty Ltd”, and are not handled directly by us.
- We do not accept payments via any other payment methods such as “PayPal”, “TransferWise”, “Veem”, etcetera.
Mainboard Modification Service Do not send us anything else with your mainboard. This includes the plastic case from the PlayStation or the steel chassis. Additional fees will occur if you send more than a mainboard (plastic case, steel chassis, controllers, memory cards, etc). Do not send us more than one (1) PlayStation mainboard per “Mainboard Modification Service”. Duplicate fees will occur per PlayStation mainboard sent. Your mainboard will be tested before any work is carried out. All mainboards are sent back in Anti-Static bags with adequate padding for shipment (as stated above). A Switch Board label is included in the Anti-Static packaging to adhere to the back of your PlayStation. Additional fees may occur if your mainboard has been found faulty and you wish for us to attempt repairs on it. All mainboards are thoroughly tested before we send them back to you. If we feel you have abused the installation service, we will invoice you a fee to compensate our losses. We will not be held responsible for mainboards that arrived damaged due to poor packaging. We will not be held responsible for mainboards that arrive in a non-working state. Postage and handling costs are your responsibility for both parties (the sending of ‘to’ and ‘from’).
General and Legal
- The user of PSIO assumes full responsibility ensuring its use in accordance with local and federal laws.
- The software and hardware on this site is provided “as-is”, without any express, implied warranty or guarantee.
- PSIO is not a licensed Sony product, nor are we related to “Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.”.
- We will not be held responsible for any damage(s) to your console(s).
- We will not be held responsible for the software you decide to run and/or execute.
- You understand that PSIO is a “Development Cartridge”.
- You understand that your PSIO Cartridge will not function correctly without a Switch Board being installed into your PlayStation console.
- You understand that modifications need to be undertaken on your PlayStation mainboard in order to get PSIO to work (IE: by install a Switch Board).
- The PSIO Cartridge offered in the ‘Store’ does not include an SD Card.
- PSIO is only guaranteed to work with PlayStation models that have a clean and working ‘Parallel I/O’ port.
- It is your own responsibility that you keep your PSIO Cartridge firmwares up to date for maximum compatibility.
- Remember to only trust emails from the domains “@ps-io.com” and/or “@cybdyn-systems.com.au”. Anything else is a fake email.
- Although we do our absolute best effort to get all software to run on PSIO without any problems, you understand that PSIO does not run 100% of all PlayStation software titles and we will not be held accountable or responsible for any titles that fail to run or execute correctly.
- If you order a cartridge and you have selected the incorrect country to have your item shipped to, you will be required to pay the difference in shipping costs.
Changes to our Terms and Conditions
- We may change the Terms and Conditions from time to time. The date as of when it was last updated will always be at the top of this page.