This information was last updated and is correct as of 03/OCTOBER/2018.
The Terms and Conditions are subjected to change at any given time.
- PSIO cartridges are currently offered on a pre-order basis.
- The pre-orders are based on a rank system. Rounds 1 though 6. Round 1 get’s their cartridge first, whilst round 6 customers get their PSIO cartridges last.
- You understand that the time-frame to manufacture/assemble your cartridge can take up to 3 months.
- You understand that delays may happen or occur during manufacturing which may extend the time-frame of delivery.
- Shipping processing times are not included in this estimated time frame.
- Refunds for orders are allowed, but only if we have not yet started assembling or have shipped your item.
Shipping and Handling
- International ‘PSIO cartridges’ sent by Cybdyn Systems are handled by DHL.
- All other international items sent by Cybdyn Systems are handled by Australia Post.
- All Australian ‘PSIO cartridges’ and items sent by Cybdyn Systems are handled by Australia Post.
- Only PSIO cartridges are tracked (where geographically possible).
- PSIO Cartridges are declared at a fixed value of $70 AUD. This covers us in the case that the cartridge is either lost or damaged during transit. We can not lower this amount as we will then be charged or faced with tax evasion.
- When using Australia Post for international items, anything over 2KG is automatically tracked.
- All items are packed in solid boxes with adequate use of bubble wrap and or protective padding.
- International orders may take up to 37 days to arrive (Russia taking the longest).
- Australian orders will generally take less than 14 days.
- You are responsible for any import taxes or duties.
- We will not combine items to avoid import taxation costs.
- Our return address is secured well to each package we send.
- If you decide to subscribe for product updates, you will be added to our mailing list.
- Once we have emailed you, your email is not removed from our mailing list, and you will need to manually remove yourself.
- On a yearly basis, all the email subscriptions are deleted.
- Depending on our mail server, some emails may bounce, but it is not our responsibility since usually the problem is either that the email address you entered is incorrect, or there is a problem with finding valid MX records for your domain.
- You may un-subscribe from subscriptions at any time by logging into your account (by going to ‘My Account’ from the ‘Support’ menu) and clicking ‘Remove’ at the bottom of the page under ‘Manage Email Subscriptions’ on the selected product.
Returns and Refunds
- If your cartridge is found to be faulty on arrival, you may send your cartridge back for a replacement.
- We will only issue a replacement cartridge so long as we receive your cartridge first, and the warranty label is intact and not void.
- We will only issue a replacement cartridge so long as the time from date of shipment is 45 days, and everything is intact.
- The intactness of the item does not include the Switch Board kit or Quick Start Guide. Only the PSIO box, plastic insert and PSIO cartridge itself are required to be intact.
- You will be required to pay the shipping costs for the sending to (and if needed, from) of your faulty cartridge.
- We will not issue a refund for damaged, destroyed or miss cared for cartridges. This includes scratches, liquid damage, destroyed SD Card slots, USB ports, Parallel Ports and or LED’s. We will however, look into repairing it for you at an additional cost.
- We use Serial Numbers to check and verify purchases to ensure the warranty still exists with the customer that purchased the original product.
- If your cartridge is indeed confirmed to be faulty, we will pay the shipping costs to send your replacement cartridge. Otherwise, you will need to pay the shipping to have your cartridge returned back to you.
- We will not re-send or replace items lost or stolen in the mail.
- We will not re-send or replace items that have been flagged as delivered, but you state that you never received it.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the address we have used in our database is correct. We will not replace or refund items sent to the wrong address.
- We will not reimburse funds for items lost or stolen in the mail.
- You understand that your refunded amount may be either higher or lower than your initial payment amount because of the exchange rate differences from your initial payment.
- If your warranty label is found to be void, you will be required to pay the shipping costs for us to return back your faulty/damaged cartridge should you want your cartridge back.
- A chargeback (being a challenge to a payment that a buyer files directly with their credit card issuer) and a reversal instruction is made by the payment product issuer or third parties (such as payment processors) and not by us. We are bound to follow their instructions so long as we have received all the stated items back as per our refund policy guidelines.
- If a chargeback is issued by you (the customer) and we allow the chargeback to be processed, we not allow you to purchase from our website again unless a fee of $35.00 AUD is paid to cover the damages done from your initial chargeback.
- You acknowledge and agree that we will be entitled to recover chargebacks and reversals that may be imposed on us by a payment product issuer or third parties (such as payment processors).
- You agree that we may reverse any such payments made to you, which are subject to chargeback or reversal instruction via your payment product issuer or third parties (such as payment processors).
- You are responsible for paying any taxes, including any goods and services or value added taxes, which may be applicable depending on the jurisdiction of the services provided. These taxes will be added to fees billed to you, if applicable.
- As we are a company incorporated in Australia, all fees earned by us from Australian Users will be subject to a 10% Goods and Services Tax (GST) on all fees, which will be shown separately on all invoices.
- If you ask us to generate a fake invoice with a different amount as per what you paid, we will not do it as this is classified as ‘Tax Evasion’.
Currencies and Payment/Transaction Handling
- All items are strictly Australian Dollars (AUD) only.
- DO NOT send us cash or physical money in your ‘Mainboard Modification Service’ package.
- Currency fluctuations and exchange rates are not our responsibility.
- All Credit Card payments are handled by SqID Payments Pty Ltd.
- You understand that your Credit Card payment(s) is/are processed by SqID Payments Pty Ltd, and are not handled directly by us.
- We will not accept payment via any other payment methods such as “TransferWise” or “Veem”, etcetera.
Mainboard Modification Service
- Do not send us anything else with your mainboard. This includes the plastic case from the PlayStation or the steel chassis.
- Additional fees will occur if you send more than a mainboard (plastic case, steel chassis, controllers, etc).
- Do not send us more than one (1) PlayStation mainboard per “Mainboard Modification Service”.
- Duplicate fees will occur per PlayStation mainboard sent.
- Your mainboard will be tested before any work is carried out.
- All mainboards are sent back in Anti-Static bags with adequate padding for shipment (as stated above).
- A Switch Board label is included in the Anti-Static packaging to adhere to the back of your PlayStation.
- Additional fees may occur if your mainboard has been found faulty and you wish for us to attempt repairs on it.
- All mainboards are thoroughly tested before we send them back to you.
- If we feel you have abused the installation service, we will invoice you a fee to compensate our losses.
- We will not be held responsible for mainboards that arrived damaged due to poor packaging.
- We will not be held responsible for mainboards that arrive in a non-working state.
- Postage and handling costs are your responsibility for both parties (the sending of ‘to’ and ‘from’).
- The user of PSIO assumes full responsibility ensuring its use in accordance with local and federal laws.
- The software and hardware on this site is provided “as-is”, without any express, implied warranty or guarantee.
- PSIO is not a licensed Sony product, nor are we related to Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
- We will not be held responsible for any damage(s) to your console(s).
- We will not be held responsible for the software you decide to run.
- You understand that PSIO is a “Development Cartridge”.
- You understand that your PSIO cartridge will not function correctly without the Switch Board being installed.
- You understand that modifications need to be undertaken on your PlayStation mainboard in order to get PSIO to work.
- The PSIO cartridge offered in the ‘Store’ does not include an SD Card.
- PSIO is only guaranteed to work with PlayStation models that have a clean and working ‘Parallel I/O’ port.
- It is your own responsibility that you keep your PSIO cartridge firmwares up to date for maximum compatibility.
- Remember to only trust emails from our domain “@ps-io.com”. Anything else is a fake email.
- If you order a cartridge and you have selected the incorrect country, you will be required to pay the difference in shipping costs.
- You understand that PSIO does not run 100% of all PlayStation software titles.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the shipment address you provided to us during checkout is correct.
- We will not replace any cartridges sent to the wrong address.
- We are not responsible for any software that does not run correctly on PSIO.
Changes to our Terms and Conditions
- We may change the Terms and Conditions from time to time. The date as of when it was last updated will always be at the top of this page.